Friday, December 5, 2008

A bum's life is something to be proud of!

My dearest younger brother is somewhat of a jerk sometimes, other times he's just a peach.
But one day I was talking to my auntie, when she asked me,"So Becca what have you been doing with yourself?" My reply was simple but honest. I said,"absolutely nothing." I grinned and she shrugged.
My brother however told me that one day I'd regret not having any responsibilities this time in my life, I'd look back and wish I'd done something with my life.

I thought for a while, I just turned eighteen, I got out of high school early, and I have no job to speak of. I sleep until one, I eat when I'm hungry, play Nintendo or watch a movie if I get bored, stay up with friends till three or four then do it all over again.....I thought some more, since I'm eighteen I can go where I please on my own account now, I could take a trip somewhere if I really wanted, I could stay with a friend or family member, I could walk to the theater, or swim in the river, whatever.
Then I smiled again.
Because I was living the life most teenagers dream of, I'm living the sweet life of a bum.
And since it's only until I get a job in like February or something, it's not like I'm wasting my life on nothing, I'm currently taking a break on life. Most people would kill to get this opportunity, and I will look back and remember these days, but not with regret. No with dignity and pride, and envy.
I must say that right now the outdoors are most beautiful because I have time to enjoy it, the meals I eat are more tasty, and the things I do are most precious.

I have to say being a bum RULES!
(for now anyways =) )

No comments: